Operating Principles and Control
The Board has adopted policy documents and instructions designed to formalise and strengthen the commitment to financial and other goals while minimizing the risks associated with the Business. These internal instructions and policies include the following:
- Compliance Manual and Guidelines
- Consumer Protection Policy
- Ethical Rules and Guidelines
- Information Security Policy
- Outsourcing Business Policy
- Instruction for Measures Against Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism
- Instruction for Handling Conflicts of Interests
- Business Continuity and Contingency Planning
- Risk Policy
- Liquidity Risk Management Guidelines
- Credit Risk Management Guidelines
- Disaster Recovery Plan
Since September 2016, an internal auditor has been appointed as a permanent and independent activity within Euroloan. Internal audit provides assurance and advisory to management and the Board of Directors on the efficiency and effectiveness of Risk management, internal control and governance processes.
Under its Articles of Association, the company has one auditor, which is usually an Authorised Public Accountant (APA) audit firm. The Shareholders’ Meeting appoints the auditor for one year at a time. In the statutory audit, the auditor audits the accounting records, financial statements and administration of the company.