Management and staff at Euroloan Group Plc are committed to minimizing the Group’s carbon footprint and protecting the environment.
We feel it is important to lead by example through our daily activities and firmly believe that small, environmentally conscious, steps collectively contribute to a significant positive impact.
It is our policy to protect the environment in the following ways:
- Minimize travel and maximize the efficient use of electronic communication
- Use public transport as much as possible
- Reuse, save and recycle as much as possible (mostly office material)
- Use environmentally friendly, certified supplies
- Avoid unnecessary printing by using electronic documentation as much as possible
- Maximize the efficiency of our ICT systems and work procedures (min. code / max. impact), and reduce server capacity and storage, save time, energy and money
- Save energy at the office
- Promote the use of tap water instead of bottled water
- Integrate environmental protection in all our services and products
- Allocate money from each product sold to environmental causes
Our offices are centrally located with good access to public transport, which most of our staff use. Our directors often carpool and we promote the use of the stairs instead of elevators for personal wellbeing and lower power consumption.
We have recycling facilities in our offices for organic waste, cardboard, paper, plastics, metals, and glass. All our soft drink packaging is recycled and we are an avid promoter of the Circular Economy and Beverage Container Recycling program led by Palpa. We avoid using disposable cups etc.
All our office furniture is environmentally certified and recyclable.
Our office in Helsinki is high-tech with smart energy saving solutions. The building is designed to reduce the need for heating (in winter) and cooling (in summer). It is part of a district heating and cooling system, using seawater instead of electricity for cooling in summer. The premises (Technopolis) carry a WWF Green Office certificate.